We All Can Create Co-Benefits With Our Climate Efforts – Practical Tools For Multisolvers
February 17, 2016 by Shanna Edberg
Have you heard of multisolving? You may not recognize the word, but you’ve probably heard the idea described in different ways. For example:
- Capturing multiple benefits or co-benefits of mitigating climate change
- Climate justice
- Building a climate-smart city, business, or community
- “Green” or “sustainable” policies or solutions
These are all other ways of describing what we at Climate Interactive call multisolving. With the same dollar, you can tackle multiple problems facing your community, while also protecting future generations.
Read on for a sampling of resources to help you make multisolving happen in your world. Enjoy them and sign up here to make sure you stay current as we add new tools, resources, and inspiring stories of multisolving.
Real World Examples
We continually update a library of examples from around the world showing just what people can accomplish when they multisolve:
Ensure that your proposals capture the co-benefits that your community wants and needs:
- Ten Strategies for Capturing Multiple Benefits in Climate Action Plans – Advice for cities, states, and businesses to ensure co-benefits come with climate change mitigation.
- Multisolving Policies – Collection of policy elements that help ensure climate and energy policy also delivers co-benefits in health, equity, and well-being.
- FLOWER – A visual tool to explore the mix of benefits that your policy provides and whether it addresses social justice and equity, ideal for working with groups.
Spread the Word on Multisolving