December 2, 2010 by Stephanie McCauley
Check out this short video to view the new features of C-ROADS.
The top five improvements:
1. Choose from 14 different reference scenarios, pulled from EMF and SRES
2. Create emissions scenarios by changing Carbon intensity
3. Land use emissions are disaggregated by country (thanks to primary research funded by Heinz Center and TCG)
4. Flexible analysis of historical contribution by country to cumulative emissions, radiative forcing, and temperature (this feature is amazing — watch the video…)
5. Flexible analysis of effects of uncertainty
Dr. Phil Rice of Climate Interactive created this short video describing our “new tricks.” The improvements were completed primarily by Dr. Rice, Dr. Tom Fiddaman of Ventana Systems, Dr. Lori Siegel of Climate Interactive, and Tony Kennedy of Ventana Systems, through a contract with the US DOE and funding from Zennstrom Philanthropies, ClimateWorks Foundation, the Morgan Family Foundation, and others.