From 9 to 16 October, the World Climate Week, we are encouraging people from around the world to organize World Climate Simulations to build awareness about climate action. Will you host a simulation and inspire a movement of climate leaders?
World Climate, Climate Interactive’s simulation of the UN Climate talks, is becoming a critical tool for improving understanding and motivating action since the UN climate agreement was signed in Paris last December. These events— led by people like you— will be held a month before the actual COP 22 climate talks in Marrakech. We believe these simulations offer a concrete moment to spur conversations that are part of the wave of action that encourages climate action.
In the last five months, volunteer World Climate Ambassadors and Facilitators have registered over 50 events reaching over 5,000 participants across the world.
We invite you to become a part of this growing movement working towards increasing climate change awareness, increasing the capacity of people to discuss the climate challenge, and creating the motivation to take climate action.
Here are five things you can do to take part in the World Climate Week:-
- Start planning for your World Climate Simulation! Check out all our free resources and materials available on Climate Interactive website.
- Spread the word within your networks and on social media so that we reach as many people as possible
- Join one of our tweetchats happening on the 27th September, 29th September, 3rd October and on the 5th October as we share experiences of World Climate and answer questions from facilitators and enthusiasts. Use hashtag #worldclimate
- Join our upcoming Webinars (in French and English) to learn and share insights on running World Climate Simulations
- Register your upcoming event or tell us how a recent World Climate Simulation went.