Climate Action Simulation
Group Role-Play Game with En-ROADS
FEATURES OF THE GAME
- The facilitator(s) acts as the UN Secretary-General who has convened the summit.
- Participants are divided into teams that represent different global stakeholders of business, government, and civil society who can drive climate solutions: Clean Tech, Conventional Energy, Industry & Commerce, World Governments, and Climate Justice Hawks. You may choose to change your groups based on your audience.
- The game is run in rounds. Once teams have brainstormed their game strategies, each team is invited to propose a climate solution to be implemented.
- These actions are analyzed in real-time with the En-ROADS simulator to determine their effects on the climate.
- The game is played until a scenario under 2°C warming is reached or time is up.
- The game is ideal for groups of 20-50 people. It is designed to be played by a wide range of audiences, from high school students and community members to industry professionals and policymakers.
- The game normally runs for 2-4 hours.
Everything you’ll need to run the Climate Action Simulation:
Looking for a student homework or in-class assignment? We’ve developed this student activity, which guides students in creating an En-ROADS scenario and reflecting on the implications of their decisions. This is an individual computer assignment, and it can be used in addition to the game or as a separate activity.
Find a Facilitator
Register Your Event
Have you run a Climate Action Simulation event or have one planned? Great! Make sure to register your event below. Registering your event allows us to keep track of who is running the game around the world.