The simulation is specifically designed for climate communicators, educators, and leaders of the World Climate Exercise, but people coming from a wide array of backgrounds will find it insightful. C-Learn can help people understand the long-term climate effects (CO2 concentrations, global temperature, sea level rise) of various actions to change CO2 emissions, like those from fossil fuels, deforestation, and planting trees. You can ask multiple, customized “what if” questions and understand why the system reacts as it does.
- Instructions to get started with C-Learn
- Frequently asked questions
- World Climate Exercise – a group role playing exercise to simulate the UN climate negotiations
- Climate Vision Exercise – an exercise to guide people through identifying the level carbon emission reductions needed to address climate change.
- For information on the assumptions, the testing of the simulation, and other technical specs, review the technical information on C-ROADS, which C-Learn is a derivative (the carbon cycle, forests, and climate sectors are identical).
We offer C-Learn as a web-based simulation using Forio Simulate.
C-Learn is copyright 2016, Climate Interactive and Ventana Systems. However, we are happy to share the equations and code with any interested parties. Its creation was supported by our financial and in-kind sponsors.