Climate Interactive works with a diverse range of partners and clients to figure out what choices will address the pressing challenges of today and enable a thriving future for tomorrow’s generations.
Areas of Expertise
What We Do
We create simulation models and interactive tools:
- C-ROADS – an award-winning, fast, accessible climate policy simulator used by thousands all over the world.
- En-ROADS – a simulator illuminating energy scenarios and busting myths about effective climate strategies.
- Climate Pathways – a mobile app that puts a climate model in your pocket for fast insights and analysis.
- UN Climate Analysis (Climate Scoreboard) – a visual tool that went viral during the Paris climate negotiations and shows how close international climate policies get us to our goals.
We inspire audiences to understand and act on our current challenges:
- We lead and empower others to lead interactive role-playing events like World Climate and World Energy – where participants ranging from business leaders to graduate students to government officials work together to reach a policy agreement, learning what it takes to address climate change.
- We teach system dynamics, systems thinking, and organizational learning – many of our staff have taught for over twenty years.
- We give keynote speeches.
We help organizations and governments improve their strategies:
- We map how decisionmakers can improve health and jumpstart the economy while also reducing climate change.
- We model ways to improve food security and adapt to climate change with climate-smart agriculture.
In complex interconnected systems, like energy, food, water, or climate, decision makers need to see the big picture in order to discover the best responses to current challenges and to maximize the long-term well being of systems and the people within them. To serve this need, Climate Interactive staff work with groups of leaders to deepen their understanding of the systems they live and work within. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ training, and so we work directly with convening partners to design experiences that draw forth the systemic understanding of groups of stakeholders to help them put that knowledge together in useful forms and discover what works to address the challenges that concern them.